Training and Conferences for adults
(Click here or see below for workshops for adolescents)
I have trained teachers, parents and adults in general in a variety of topics (some ideas of topics below). Contact me for your specific needs.
- Self Esteem
- Depression, grief, anxiety
- Parenting classes
- Positive discipline,
- Emotion Coaching, The Heart of Parenting (Gottman)
- Love and Logic (additional materials must be bought directly from Love and Logic)
- Educating bi-cultural children.
- Struggles during adolescence.
- Promoting Self Esteem in children.
- Child Development
- The importance of the first 3 years of life on brain development.
- Stages of child development
- Childhood fears and how to support children through them.
- Couples Communication Skills
The Making Tough Decisions program (MTD) is a series of conversations designed to strengthen the decision making abilities of students at a middle school or high school level. I designed it to be interactive, not a series of “boring lectures” but a collaborative process in which teens are encouraged to give their opinion and challenge points of views so they experience the difficulties of making decisions in life.
- Suggested for teens 7th grade and above
- Use of video, worksheets, activities and discussions to engage teenagers to give their opinion, question the information and consider their personal, ethical and moral values. Meant to encourage dialogue about the pro’s and con’s, risks and benefits of all the alternatives in a given topic.
- Designed to empower them about their ability to make healthy decisions
Workshop can be customized from 5 to 15 sessions covering the following subjects:
- Welcome to the teen brain: adolescence and impulsivity.
- Resisting the influence of media in our decisions: messages from magazines, music, videos.
- Values: What do I stand for? What do I believe in?
- Bullying: Being assertive: the secret to reduce chances of being bullied.
- Internet, social media and “Cyberworld” safety (Taking care of your digital print, sexting, overcoming cyber-bullying)
- Substances: Alcohol, Tobacco, “soft” and “hard” drugs.
- Why are teens so curious about them?
- More useful approaches to “Just say no”.
- Street names, synthetic and designer drugs.
- Healthy relationships and healthy choices
- Human Sexuality,
- Human reproductive system
- The decision to have sex or not
- Taking care of your body (STD’s and other health risks)